FLORIDA SUNCOAST CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP – $1,500
This scholarship is offered to a Florida 99s Chapter member to be used for dual instruction for a Biennial Flight Review, Instrument Proficiency Check, toward a new rating or certificate, or ground and safety training. If using the scholarship toward the private certificate, a solo endorsement must have been accomplished.
- One attendance letter from a Chapter officer confirming the applicant has attended at least two Chapter meetings within the past 12 months.
- One of the recommendation letters must be from a flight instructor or someone with whom you have flown.
- Please include an additional logbook entry, if needed, to show currency (e.g., BFR; Rating checkride) or solo completion for student pilot (if not in last three logbook pages submitted).
- Your essay should also include: 1) the reason you became a 99; 2) your activities as a 99; 3) financial need; and 4) how you will use this scholarship.
- An interview, either in person or by phone, may be required.
- Must be a Florida resident
- Must be a current Florida Chapter member
- Funds must be used by June 30 in the year after the scholarship is awarded.
- The winner will receive a ‘Winner letter’, and an ‘Acceptance letter’ to sign, and it MUST be returned within five days of being notified as the scholarship recipient.
- For the payment, the winner must submit ‘Request For Payment’ form provided by Florida Suncoast Chapter, to Treasurer via email@example.com. Our preference is to pay the flight school/instructor directly, but the winner may request an arrangement to reimburse the winner for flight costs they have paid.
- The winner is required to communicate with Florida Suncoast Chapter Chair and Treasurer and to share your training progress via email at least once a month until the scholarship funds have been completely dispersed. A follow-up of when you have achieved a rating, certificate, or endorsement would also be appreciated – send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit application to: Florida Suncoast 99s Scholarship Committee (email@example.com)